What to Pack / Wine Country
If you are making plans to head to wine country this fall, our list of packing suggestions from Roam contributor Amy Seeman will help you help maximize your options with go-to, versatile pieces, to keep you stylishly comfortable for a weekend away.
Stylist and Twin Cities Live Resident Fashion Expert, Amy Seeman has made it her life's mission to inspire women to authentically dress for themselves! She gets her energy from helping women dress in a way that makes them feel their best regardless of size or budget. Her candor and eye for styling has made her the mom friend you want around when you need a good laugh or a little inspiration. To book a styling session with her, visit her website. You can also follow her on Instagram or join her private Facebook Group for #StyleTips, wine and “What to Wear Wednesdays!” She’ll even help you pack for your next vacation!
Day 3: All White E’rything
White from head to toe feels very whimsical and on trend. Pair these paper bag waist pants with a simple white bodysuit or go all out with a puff sleeve statement tee. Finish off the look with these faux pearl Oh Ya statement earrings and this dainty layering trio because you’ll be saying YES to more wine all day long!
For shoes I’d suggest either the slides you packed to wear with the dress or a snake print block heel for a little height and texture.
Day 5: Wine Crawl Your Way to the Airport
I like to throw in one midi dress for a just in case outfit. This Michael Stars version is easy to dress up or down. You can also wear it on the plane on the way home with the denim jacket and sneakers. Throw in a belt bag for the fun of it and you’ve got yourself another outfit! I love the quality and sleekness of Teddi Joelle or this Rebecca Minkoff one that’s on sale and on point!
Handbags: The Perfect Accessory
I like to wear a crossbody bag with a chain strap on the plane and then pack a clutch. I’m obsessed with the Wellfair clutch, it’s locally made in MN and the bangle wristlet adds to your arm party while allowing you to be hands free as you sip. I’m also loving this new carry-on from the Stella & Dot Crush It Collection. You are ready to jet set in style, Girlfriend!
Evenings: Something Cozy
1. Pack a coordinating sweatsuit for a night cap on the terrace. Trust me you are going to want to by comfy.
2. For bed, the Satin PJ sets from Victoria Secret go with me on every trip. They don’t wrinkle, take up little room, and feel like a dream slipping into after day drinking. The bonus to a set like this is that you can wear them together and separately to save space on packing different pjs for each night.
3. Pair any top with some cheeky briefs like these Me Undies that are the softest think you’ll ever put on your body. Go ahead and buy the pizza print and then grab a matching pair for your hubby.
4. A soft tank to pair with the bottoms and you’ve got every night covered.
5. I always pack a thin robe to wear around when I’m getting ready.
Travel Essentials: Must-Haves
1. Take two Charcoal Pills in the morning before you start drinking to prevent hangovers! Just make sure not to take them along with any other medication or vitamins.
2. Pack a Gua Sha Facial Stone in your carry on, and use throughout the flight to reduce puffiness. It also feels amazing first thing in the morning after a long day of cocktail’n.
3. Nuun Hydration Drops are great for re-hydration, before you get up and do it all over again.
4. Don’t forget Packing Cubes. They are a major space saver, will keep your outfits organized and make unpacking a breeze.
5. Bring a couple Wine Skins to wine country so you can bring all your bottles home safely.
6. It’s never a bad idea to bring along Poopouri for shared spaces.
7. Maybelline Super Stay Matte Lipstick is my favorite and it will stay on through all your sipping. Pioneer is my most worn red and Creator is a beautiful bright purple if you want something a little more fun.