Spring Break Essentials
1. Round Beach Towel - A much more conducive shape for wrapping around your shoulders, we love the round towel trend. Consider this great Aztec version from The Beach People as an accessory by the pool in Arizona — no one needs a towel that feels like a blanket in the desert.
3. Sun Tent - Let me tell you what, even if you aren’t traveling with delicate skinned little ones, this tent is wonderful for destinations that won’t offer a ton of shade. The open design allows for air flow and a view, without exposure to the sun’s damaging rays.
4. Wedge Sneaker - You can’t go wrong with a wedge sneaker, and this neutral one from Linea Paolo is crazy comfortable, whether you’re walking the streets of Lisbon or picnicking at Waterfront Park in Charleston.
5. Taco Cord Keepers - Can’t even express how much we dislike cords, and let’s be honest our devices are not always wound up neatly with a cord case. The size and design of these are perfect for tucking away headphones in a purse or rolling up a charging cord inside a laptop bag.
6. Tote & Clear Pouch - We’ve been gifting Ready & Roam contributors clear totes all year and this one is a great 2 in 1 version for airport security and the beach.
7. Facial Mist - You don’t have to be in hot weather to appreciate a good facial mist. In fact, dryer and cooler climates it may offer even more benefits. This version from Pacifica has the scent of vacation, so it’s also lovely to use at home when only the memories of your vacation remain.
8. Wet Bag - This exact wet bag has travelled with us for years. It’s not only good for holding wet things but for keeping electronics dry and safe.
9. Simple Swimsuit - We love the textured fabric trend for its uncomplicated comfort and style. Nordstrom is the best for browsing varied price points online. Look for preppy colors, ruffles and prints as well as early discounts heading into Spring Break, especially on great brands like J.Crew.
10. Countersun Mineral Sunscreen - We’ve just completed two Roam guides to Hawaii, where “reef safe” sunscreen is a very big deal. This Beautycounter line fits the bill - it applies brilliantly and comes in a full body stick, which is great for use on squirmy toddlers.
11. Too Faced, ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara - A beach vacation is generally a no makeup zone. We rarely wear more than sunscreen, lip gloss and a lengthening, smudge-proof mascara. This one is life changing. Ready & Roam’s co-founder was first introduced to it by her Vietnamese sister-in-law who has flawless youthful skin. Just one of her many beauty secrets.
12. Sunless Tanner- It’s not the bronzing quality of this body cream that is most appealing, it’s the firming, moisturizing and blemish blending qualities. Cover your Varicose veins and bug bites or disguise your need to shave with this great matte bronzer from Body Perfekt.
13. Maui Jim Sunglasses- Aviator sunglass lovers rejoice. These are light enough to wear all day and they are polarized for the best clarity and color, especially when you want to see the ships across the ocean.